About the instructor
Giovanna (Gio) Lester has been a mentor for both the American Translators Association and Abrates, the Brazilian ATA counterpart. Those she had the honor and pleasure of guiding have gone on to make professional and career changes, strengthening their resolve and/or skills, helping them identify and seek extra training. Some of her mentees have gone on to become workshop leaders, create and implement career growth paths, change their specializations, discover new interests.
While president of two Florida ATA Chapters, Gio was involved in providing training through workshops she led and bringing outside speakers. Gauging membership interest, market needs and desired subjects became a natural process that lead to identifying solutions and possible professional shifts.
The services we offer can be adapted to different client scenarios. Taking advantage of that reality should be part of your career plan. Professionals go through various phases and our offerings change. Being able to understand them and convey that change to our clients is important to maintain a stable income. These sessions are designed to help you evaluate your offerings in order to better position your services, and to identify your clients’ needs in order to better sell your solutions. The first step is to make yourself visible. And we will discuss a few opportunities and tools that are available to you for that purpose.
What you will learn
- The need for an online presence as a tool for client procurement
- WordPress platform: Defining offerings, Identifying clients’ needs, Creating the Ideal client avatar, Showcasing solutions
- The structure of a website
- Bringing it all together: We will create a one-page website
CRM Systems (Customer Relationship Management), Videos, and Graphics:
- Setting up your CRM account to create mass emails
- Use MS Word pictures to create affordable short videos with music
- Use the free graphic design platform, Canva, to create your own branding materials
Who should attend
This course is ideal for anyone who has not yet defined their online persona or who needs to update that persona.
Level: Foundational Language: English Specialization: All